Kepion + SharePoint: How to Build Dashboards/Reports in SharePoint using Kepion Data?
By Joyce Zhou - Aug 12, 2013
This article will show you how to build PerformancePoint reports and dashboards and Power View from planning data collected by Kepion.
1. Open the PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer.
2. Right click on Data Connections and click on New Data Source.
3. Choose Analysis Services and click OK.
4. Define the Connection and Authentication settings as needed.
5. Then build your KPIs, Scorecards, Reports, and Dashboards from this Data Connection.
We can build PowerView report directly in SharePoint by using SSAS Tabular.
1. Open Microsoft Visual Studio. Create a New Analysis Services Tabular Project. Give it a proper name.
2. Choose the AS instance as the Tabular data source.
3. Select Model -> Import From Data Source.
4. Choose Microsoft Analysis Services and follow the Table Import Wizard to import data.
5. After the table is imported, right click on the project name in the Solution Explorer panel on the right and click Deploy.
6. Go to Documents library SharePoint. Click FILES -> New Document -> BI Semantic Model Connection. If you do not see BI Semantic Model Connection option in the New Document dropdown list, please refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh230813.aspx.
7. Fill the connection information and Save.
8. Now we can Create Power View Report from this Tabular connection.
9. Save off your Power View Report and click into it from the Documents list.
10. Copy the link and grab its URL.
a. Taking the part from ‘/_layout’ to ‘ViewMode=Presentation’. Now we have /_layouts/15/ReportServer/AdHocReportDesigner.aspx?RelativeReportUrl=/Documents/TerritoryAnalysis.rdlx&ViewMode=Presentation&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fkepioncloud%2FDocuments%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx
b. Adding ‘&ReportSection=ReportSection2&Fit=True&PreviewBar=False’ to the end. Now we have /_layouts/15/ReportServer/AdHocReportDesigner.aspx?RelativeReportUrl=/Documents/TerritoryAnalysis.rdlx&ViewMode=Presentation& ReportSection=ReportSection2&Fit=True&PreviewBar=False
12. Add a Page Viewer Web Part as described in Kepion + SharePoint … and paste the code above in the Link part.
13. Change properties if needed. Save the page and publish it.